Hunter J. Shkolnik
Senior Partner Hunter J. Shkolnik concentrates his area of practice to the trial of significant personal injury cases primarily in the area of drug, automobile, heavy truck and aviation related product liability actions.
He leads the discovery and trial teams of various mass tort pharmaceutical and medical device litigations for the firm. He is also active in managing national litigation and plaintiff litigation groups including the American Association of Justice's Actos Litigation Group.
He is currently serving as a chairman, leader or court appointed representative on Plaintiff Steering Committees in various drug and other mass torts. Additionally Mr. Shkolnik has also held officer positions in the New York State Trial Lawyers, Nassau County Bar Association and Committee Chair positions in ATLA Health Care Finance Litigation Group, Orthopedic Implant Litigation Group, AAJ Breast Cancer Litigation Group, Co-Chair AAJ Heart Device Litigation Group and the Chair of the Medtronic ICD and CRTD Litigation Sub Group.
Mr. Shkolnik has also lectured and organized seminars on issues involving Guidant, Medtronic and St. Jude pacemakers, ICD and Lead Wire recall science and litigation; Cardiac Device product liability litigation, Class Actions topics such as Ethics of Mass Tort Settlements, Lone Pine, State Federal Coordination and Preemption and on multiple occasions, on science related to various pharmaceuticals.
Awards and Honors
- New York Super Lawyers: 2006 - 2014
Representative Speaking Engagements
- Speaker, "Mass Tort vs. Class Action: What it is and What it is Not.", The American Association for Justice (AAJ)
- Speaker, "Diabetes Drugs (Actos, Januvia, Byetta" at Mass Tort Med School, A Boot Camp for Plaintiff Attorneys, HB Litigation Conferences
- Speaker, "Decisions 2013: Recent Developments in Tort Law", NYSTLA Seminar Series
- Speaker, "Class Certification: Defining or Challenging Class Membership", Strafford Webinars
- Speaker, "HarrisMartin's Complex Litigation Conference"
- Speaker, "Mirena IUD, Tylenol, Granuflo, Byetta & Januvia", HarrisMartin MDL Conference
- Speaker, "Plaintiff Pharmaceutical Litigation Forum 2013", HB Litigation Conferences
- Speaker, Breast Cancer Litigation, ATLA Breast Cancer Litigation Group Educational Seminar
- Speaker, "Transvaginal Mesh and Actos Litigation Group", Harris Martin MDL Conference
- Speaker, HarrisMartin's MDL Conference: Xarelto & Power Morcellators
- Speaker, HarrisMartin's Major Developments in Drug & Device Litigation
- HarrisMartin's MDL and Complex Litigation Seminar
- Speaker, 11th Annual Class Action/Mass Tort Symposium presented by the LSBA, ""Multi-district Litigation and the Parallel State Court Universe: A Practitioners Global Positioning Guide"
- Speaker, NYSTLA, "Product Liability Mass Tort & Class Actions: What every lawyer should know and understand"
- Speaker, Pharmaceutical Litigation Forum, "Case Theories, Challenges and Case Selection Considerations for your Actos Inventory."
- American Association of Justice (AAJ), The Actos Bladder Cancer Litigation Group, Co-Chair
- Litigation Counsel of America, Fellow
- New York State Trial Lawyers (NYSTLA), Board of Directors; Past Secretary, Assistant Treasurer and Treasurer
- Long Island Affiliate of the NYSTLA, Past President
- Nassau County Bar Association, Past Vice-Chairman, Medical Legal Committee
- American Association of Justice (AAJ), Past Vice-Chairman, Healthcare Finance Litigation Group
- American Association of Justice (AAJ) Health Orthopedic Implant Litigation Group, Past Vice-Chairman, Science Committee Director
- American Association of Justice (AAJ), Past Chairman, Health Breast Cancer Litigation Group
- American Association of Justice (AAJ), Co-Chair, Health Heart Device Litigation Group
Hunter J. Shkolnik
- Yeshiva University Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, 1985
- University of Massachusetts, B.A., cum laude, 1982
- New York
- United States District Court, Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court, Southern District of New York
- New Jersey
- United States District Court, District of New Jersey
*Employed by Napoli Bern Ripka & Associates, LLP