Marc J. Bern
Mr. Bern, a nationally-recognized plaintiffs’-bar trial attorney, is a founding and Senior Partner of the firm. In a legal career spanning over 35 years, Mr. Bern has tried more than 100 cases to jury verdict and has settled hundreds of cases for amounts in excess of $1,000,000.
Mr. Bern has been profiled in Who's Who in America Law; he is a member of the invitation-only Million Dollar Advocates forum and in 2007 was chosen as one of the Top 500 Plaintiff’s Lawyers In the United States by Lawdragon. He has been designated a New York Super Lawyer® every year since 2006. In addition, he was selected as one of “America’s Premier Lawyers” by Fortune Magazine. Martindale-Hubbell has awarded Mr. Bern its pre-eminent AV rating: “Highest Rating in Legal Ability and Ethical Standards,” for over 20 consecutive years. In 2007, Mr. Bern was honored with an invitation to become a charter member of the Litigation Counsel of America and he was also selected one of the Top 100 Trial Lawyers of New York.
Mr. Bern served on the board of directors of the New York Trial Lawyers Association, is active in numerous bar associations, has been interviewed on numerous television shows, in newspaper and magazine articles and is frequently consulted by attorneys around the country on a variety of mass tort, malpractice and liability issues. He has lectured before the Association of Trial Lawyers of America, New York State Trial Lawyers Association, Practicing Law Institute, New York County Lawyers Association, Wisconsin Trial Lawyers Association, Hahnemann Medical College, Mealey’s seminars, and Melvin Belli seminars. Mr. Bern has appeared as a Guest Commentator on Court TV; he has also appeared on televisions shows including Geraldo Rivera, Phil Donahue, Montel Williams; and on news broadcasts for ABC-TV, NBC-TV and CBS-TV. Additionally, Mr. Bern has been interviewed in the Wall Street Journal; the New York Times; the Philadelphia Enquirer; the New York Post; the New York Daily News; New York Newsday; the Southampton Press and Forbes Magazine, among many others.
Plaintiffs' Steering Committee for In re: Incretin Mimetics Products Liability Litigation (MDL Case No. 13md2452 AJB (MDD)), United States District Court Southern District of California ( Judge Anthony J. Battaglia)
Trasylol Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee (“PSC”) Executive Committee for In re: Trasylol Products Liability Litigation (MDL-1928), United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida (Judge Donald Middlebrooks);
Plaintiffs’ Discovery Committee for In re: MTBE (Methyl Tertiary Butyl Ether) Products Liability Litigation (MDL-1358), United States District Court for the Southern District of New York (Judge Shira Scheindlin);
New Jersey Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee for the Levaquin Products Liability Litigation.
Awards and Honors
- 125 Alumni of Distinction, Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago-Kent College of Law
- 2012 & 2013 Top Rated Lawyer in the "Energy Environmental and Natural Resources" section of The New York Law Journal
- New York Super Lawyers, 2006-2013
- Top 100 Attorneys in the New York Metro Area, 2007; 2010; 2013
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Top 500 Plaintiff’s Lawyers in the United States, Lawdragon 2007
- Fortune Magazine “America’s Premier Lawyers” List
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Rating: Highest Rating in Legal Ability and Ethical Standards
- New York State Bar Association
- The Association of Trial Lawyers of America (President's Club Member)
- Bronx County Bar Association
- Trial Lawyers for Public Justice
- Speakers, "Recent Developments in Fracking Lawsuits: What's Happening and Where Are We Heading" and "Drug Product Mass Tort Trial Prep from a Plaintiff Perspective", 31st Annual National CLE Conference
- The Balancing Act airing on Lifetime Television; "Behind the Mystery: Rare and Genetic Diseases"
- Co-Chair, "Gasland vs. Fracknation: A Discussion of the Future Litigation on Gas Exploration", Perrin Conferences
- Co-Chair, "3rd Annual Hydraulic Fracking", The Seminar Group
Speaker, "Lone Pine Orders After Strudley Decision: Are They Still Standing? Plaintiff Perspective; Defense Perspective"
- Co-Chair, "Shale Gas andHydraulic Fracturing: Defending or Pursuing Private Tort Actions"
- Speaker, Water Law Institute Conference, "Hydraulic Fracturing: Environmental Quality & America's Energy Future"
- Speaker, Judicial Symposium on Scientific Evidence in the Courts
Marc J. Bern
- Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago-Kent College of Law, J.D., 1975
- University of Wisconsin-Madison (B.S., with distinction) 1972
- New York
- United States District Court, Southern District of New York
- United States District Court, Eastern District of New York
- Pro hac vice Admission to U.S. District Courts: Wisconsin, Arizona, California, Florida, Oklahoma and many other jurisdictions