Michael Cohan is an associate in the firm’s Personal Injury and Asbestos Departments, based in our New York City office. Mr. Cohan manages all aspects of litigation including pleadings, depositions, discovery, hearings, motion practice, and trial preparation.
He receives much praise from clients for his knowledge of legal issues and profound understanding of the pain and suffering his clients endure. He has successfully settled millions of dollars for his clients over the past year.
Mr. Cohan earned his Juris Doctor from St. John’s University School of Law, where he served as a member of the Law Review, and received six awards from CALI (“Center for Computer-Assisted Legal Instruction”) for excellence in education.
Michael dedicates his time outside of work to helping under-privileged youth in New York’s urban areas with college admissions guidance and SAT tutoring. In so doing, he has motivated many students to obtain a college education and has provided them with the necessary tools to succeed after high school. A strong advocate for education, he believes that all children deserve an opportunity to pursue their dreams.
- St. John’s University School of Law, J.D., cum laude
- Stony Brook University, B.A., Dean’s List
- Holland & Knight LLP
- United States Department of Labor – Office of the Solicitor
- New York
- United States District Court, Southern District of New York
- United States District Court, Northern District of New York
- United States District Court, Eastern District of New York
- Second Circuit Court of Appeals
- New Jersey
*Employed by Napoli Bern Ripka & Associates, LLP